Tuesday, July 24, 2012

You make Your Own Sunshine

Dear Little Leah, 
 (june 2012)

Every so often, a song comes a long that reminds me of you. A lot. A month or so ago, I was watching tv after you had gone to bed and a commercial for Lowe's (of all places!) came on and I just fell in love with the lyrics to the song being sung in the background. 

Of course the commercial only plays a tiny portion of the song, so I looked it up online and I just love the whole thing! It is YOU to a T. It's called "I Make My Own Sunshine" by Alyssa Bonagura. Here are the lyrics:

Everything is wonderful, everything is great.
Free as a bird singing outside my window pane.
Got a fresh new start; It’s a brand new day.
And I got lots of love to give away.
It don't matter if it’s rainin', nothing can phase me.
I make my own sunshine.
And If you think you can break me, baby you're crazy.
I make my own sunshine.
Hey! Let’s make a rainbow. Look for the pot 'o gold.
I’ll show you how to keep it nice and easy.
Even if a cloud starts forming on my lovely day,
there’s nothing, NO nothing that could stand in my way.
It don't matter if it’s rainin’, nothing can phase me.
I make my own sunshine.
If you think you can break me, baby you're crazy.
I make my own sunshine.

Seriously. Is this not you!? No matter what is thrown your way, you just deal. And you usually deal with a smile on your face (especially when those seizure medications aren't messing you up). And, because you smile, it makes me and lots of other people smile too. You absolutely make your own sunshine. And nothing can stop you. And you help me to make my own sunshine. In fact, you are a big part of my sunshine every day, Miss Leah. 

I just love you. 

A lot. 

Love, 
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment