Monday, April 2, 2012

leahceratops

Dear Little Leah, 

For the past few weeks, you have been learning all about dinosaurs in your preschool class. You've come home with some fun facts and some amazing works of art. But your diorama tops them all. I was told you spent a long time painting the sky and earth, constructing the volcano, trimming the trees, adding the flora and building a model of the one and only Leahceratops. 

The dioramas you and your classmates created are all on display in the glass case at the elementary school - and believe me, that's a coveted case. All the students, parents, teachers and staff who walk in the main hall will get to see your masterpiece. 

I love that you decided the Leahceratops was a peaceful dinosaur. I can't imagine anything modeled after you being anything to the contrary. 

And as for the three horns, Grandma Hauley had a great idea: we'll be adding three beautiful ribbons the moment the diorama is sent home. I think its nickname will have to be Missribbonsceratops, obviously. 

I love you Miss Ribbons. And I love to see the results of your hard work each day. May your peacefulness and work ethic never go extinct. 

I love you. 
Love, 
Mommy


2 comments:

  1. i LOVE this! leahceratops. he he he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little miss Leah, I am so proud of all the incredible things you do at school. You are learning so many fun things!

    ReplyDelete