Aside from your mother, you are the most precious thing in my life. You are one of the things that makes life enjoyable. Even though your condition has at times cast a dark cloud over life, you have a unique way of shattering that sadness with your bright rays of happiness. Here are some of my very favorite things about you:
- I love the way you follow me around the house on Saturdays and Sundays. During the week, I leave early for work and come home late. I don't always get to spend the amount of time with you that I'd like. Believe it or not, when you follow me around the house on the weekends, it makes me feel important. I love getting up to walk from one side of the house to the other and hearing the pitter-patter of your little feet hit the kitchen floor only seconds after mine. You're my little buddy, and I hope you always will be.
- I hate (and I mean really hate) hearing people chew their food. It grosses me out. It takes over all the sounds in the room. It's disgusting. BUT, I love hearing you chew! It is one of the cutest little sounds I know. I'm not sure why it doesn't gross me out. Maybe you just know how to chew with style.
- I love after you've taken a bath, and you're in your fresh jammies. You're adorable and you smell so good. I can usually smell your shampoo on my hands for hours after, and I love it!
- I love rocking you to sleep in our wonderfully fashionable orange rocking chair. If I could, I'd hold you and rock you in that chair forever.
- But, if I held you in the chair all night, I wouldn't get to see you wiggle in your bed. That's how you settle in for the night, and it cracks me up.
- I love when we're sitting at the kitchen table having dinner and you keep looking at me out of the corner of your eyes until I look at you. Once I see you, I lean my head over until my forehead touches yours and you just stare into my eyes and smile. I love that.
- Last but not least, I adore your squinty, smiley face. You know the one. It always makes me smile.